Monday, January 30, 2006

Love God First

"We give attention to whatever we love the most. God wants to be first in our life (see Exodus 20:3). Jesus said, " Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.' This is the first and greatest commandment" (Matthew 22:37-38 NIV). . . . You can't afford not to spend time with God. Give Him your full attention, and MAKE A POINT TO OBSERVE ALL HE IS DOING FOR YOU." . . . and the Scripture verse; "Come and see what God has done, how awesome his works in man's behalf!" Psalm 66:5 NIV When I hear the words "make a point to observe all He is doing for you", I am reminded of my days as I walk with the Lord and give thanks. The expression being "blessed" these days seems overused. At times I agree because I feel many people say these words without truly reflecting on the magnitude of the words. It's almost a habit or it sounds spiritual. Let's face it. Everything we have in this world is a gift from God. We can roam through life and occasionally give thanks and perhaps really focus on Thanksgiving, or we can give thanks all the time. I reflect on my life, particularly in the past 5 five years and it is an absolute miracle how God has impacted my life and how he has bailed me out from many treacherous situations. For me, regardless of my present situation, I give thanks to God because I am indebted to Him for everything in my life I am "blessed" with. I suggest you give thanks in all situations, for your relationship with God, for Christ dying on the cross for us, for your physical life, your salvation, your family, you children, your businesses, your business and every thing…..all the time. Dennis Lasini http://www.genesisresearch.com

No comments: