Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Top 10 List--Clues that one may have trouble tithing

We took an informal survey and we came up with the UNofficial-- Top 10 List--Clues that One may have trouble tithing 1) I am trying to make change as the plate is passed. 2) When directed to take the wallet of the person next to me and give like I've always wanted, I still can't do it. 3) I think that tithing is Old Testament and we are under a New "tithe free" Covenant. 4) I see the new tires on pastor's car and my first thought is, I paid for those. 5) I am saving my tithe for a trip to Vegas next month. If I win, I already promised God that I would tithe on the winnings. 6) But my boat payment is due next week. And what about gas? 7) Things are tight now….I couldn't tithe before the semi-annual sale at Neiman’s. 8) That's for wealthy people, when I am one of them, I will tithe. 9) You ask the Usher, "Do you accept Kids Kash from KidsOasis?" 10) I won't be able to afford my 2nd venti Caramel Macchiato every day if I tithe? Let's be real. We can laugh about it, but many of these from the top 10 are based in truth. I realize that many churches out there are not teaching enough in the area of finances. Some will even say when it is offering time, if you are a guest here today, this is just for our members. I understand that is politically correct, but what a crazy approach to teaching people about finances. No wonder many ministries have to beg for finances. I want to encourage everyone to spend time reading God’s Word and specifically regarding finances over the next few weeks. There are incredible promises, but we have to begin by honoring Him and being faithful with our finances. The Bible says in Malachi chapter 3 that “God will open up the windows of heaven through our tithing and He will pour out a blessing that there will not be room enough for us to receive.” In Proverbs chapter 3:8-9, when we bring the tithe into the storehouse, God will fill our barns with plenty. The Bible says in Luke chapter 6, “Give and it shall be given unto you, good measure, pressed down, shaken together and running over.”
From a dear friend and business owner I know.

No comments: