Monday, October 02, 2006

[From Google Reader] Top 10 List–Clues that I may have trouble tithing

10) I won't be able to afford my 2nd Venti Caramel Macchiato every
day if I tithe?
9) You ask the Usher, "Do you accept Kids Kash from KidsOasis?"
8) That's for wealthy people, when I am one of them, I will tithe.
7) Things are tight now….I couldn't tithe before the semi-annual sale at
Neiman's.
6) But my boat payment is due next week. And what about gas?
5) I am saving my tithe for a trip to Vegas next month. If I win, I already
promised God that I would tithe on the winnings.
4) I see the new tires on pastor's car and my first thought is, I paid for
those.
3) I think that tithing is Old Testament and we are under a New "tithe
free" Covenant.
2) When directed to take the wallet of the person next to me and give
like I've always wanted, I still can't do it.

And finally, number one:
1) I am trying to make change as the plate is passed.

No comments: